Tuesday 11 May 2010

It girls of the moment for me.

The two women I'm currently in love with, are Leigh Lezark - one third of the Misshapes - and Bonnie Wright - Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter.

So, let's start with Leigh.
She models and she DJs, so she's pretty much the average "it" girl of the 21st century right? Cause all models and famous people seem to have musical talents. Hollywood clearly doesn't let you in if you're shit with music.
Want examples? Lindsay Lohan. She acts, models & sings (and makes terrible mistakes in her life, but to me she's flawless and her decisions aren't part of who she is, I fell in love with LiLo after reading about her in Elle, she's all over the place, but does it so well). Taylor Momsen, again; acts, models & is in a band, and a good band at that. If you haven't listened to The Pretty Reckless already, take a look at their site!
So, Leigh is the typical looking grungey looking girl that seems to be coming back. They say history repeats itself well they didn't lie. Rock 'n' Roll has been coming back steadily. (And if you want my opinion, Effy Stonem brought it back for the UK for sure.)






so, why do I love Leigh Lezark?
She's bloody gorgeous, for one, and if you know me well enough (which you probably won't just yet) you'll know that I'm a sucker for pretty girls, but who isn't these days? (Before you ask, I'm straight, but the photographer in me makes me adore beautiful people no matter what gender). And, me myself am currently debating whether or not I can jump from the "pretty girlie girl" bandwagon to the "grunge chick" bandwagon without falling somewhere in the middle and being a complete disaster. but the wemo in me screams at me to for once, be cool while being rock 'n' roll chic unlike last time when i was a wemo, aged 12.

so, on to Bonnie.
I've loved Bonnie from the moment I saw her. She's ginger, and I seem to be attracted to ginger things. My mum's ginger (though it's barely noticable now, too dark) so's my best friend and my horse.. kinda is. 
I have two signed pictures of her, one from ebay (that is real fyi) and one that she sent me when I wrote a letter to her because she was clearly too busy to actually reply to my letter.. nevertheless!
Whilst flicking through.. err I think it was Look, or maybe Grazia, I saw a picture of her and her fiance, (though neither of them have completely confirmed it I think...) and was like "hmm, what's she been doing lately?" 
so i headed to one  of her probably many fansites and found myself a rather pretty set of photos that had only been uploaded a few days ago. and my, our little Ginny's growing up now that she's kissed HazzaP! 
(I forgot to tell you, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Massive. Ask me anything about HP and I'll know the answer nine times outta ten anyway). 

So, here's why she's captured my heart again.





So, who do you love right now?
R xox

1 comment:

  1. Taaaaylor Mooomsen! I want her ever changing hair...

    ReplyDelete