Wednesday 12 May 2010

So, I guess it should be guys from me then?

So Rosie blogged about two girls that she currently adores - and of course I read that blog, then had to wrack my brains for something to blog about next? I came up with a simple solution - do exactly the same thing...only, sort of...backwards?

My post is about my current two faveourite males that currently inhabit our lovely planet we call Earth. One of these lovely men is a French heart-throb someone who I've only ever seen in a movie (he's an actor if you hadn't guessed it) once, but I don't care because whether or not I've seen his films I am completely and utterly in love with the man. The other is a photographer, a boys who's photos portray his absolutely divine outlook on life and who's passion for his work I adore (and secretly want to steal forever)

So first of all, the absolutely gorgeous French actor Gaspard Ulliel - haven't heard of him? Don't worry because I can pretty much guarantee you'll have seen his lovely lovely face before today...
He was born the same year as one of my older sisters (1984) and has been in numerous French feature films and television programmes - though the movie I first set eyes on him was Hannibal Rising playing Hannibal Lector, probably not one of the nicest characters he's had to play. His acting was brilliant of course, and I'm sure if I was fluent in French I would gladly watch his numerous French movies though unfortunately I am not, and so sitting and flicking through pictures of him on the internet will have to feed my Gaspard cravings for now at least...and to feed yours?


Aaaaaah, I could absolutley die just looking at these photos - isn't he just beautiful? Nomnomnom.

Mr number 2 - None other than my Australian fashion photographer of the moment Matt Caplin, now I'm pretty sure you've probably all heard that name before yes? Well that's probably because he's one of the best fashion photographers I/you/anyones ever come across or maybe you've heard of him through his girlfriend? The equally as talented a photographer Nirrimi Hakanson?
Anyways, I don't care about how you did or didn't hear about him, because this is where we're talking about him now...
Matt is one of my 'men of the moment' because of the photo's he takes, not only the way they come out but the meaning and everything that is portrayed through his photographs. Now you could just say that is due to excellent modelling and I'm sure that's part of the deal but Matt is most definitely one of the most inspiring young photographers I've ever come across. I can without a shadow of a doubt tell you all right now that one day Matt Caplin will be a name you've all heard, one you're all keen to spread and talk about because one day he's going to be the next best thing. - watch this space!






Go and have a look at his flickr to have a browse through his amazing portfolio.

Also whilst I'm on the subject, you should all also visit this competition website and vote for Nirrimi by scrolling to the bottom of the page and giving her 5 stars, you can do it once a day so please do! It'll only take a minute and she really does deserve it!

A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment