Monday 10 May 2010

An overly long introduction to me, Rosie.


Hai der, I'm Rosie Veronica Mae Coultate. Long name huh? I hate my last name because people can never pronounce it properly, and over time it's given me this sorta, makeshift phobia of last names. I hate mispronouncing people's names, mainly last names though. I'm fifteen years old. I was born in Perth, Australia but feel more at home in Adelaide in Aus, because that's where my family from over there live. I love it there, the sun, and the part of my family that I adore? What more could I ask for. Maybe one day I'll move back, when I finally settle down for good.. if that ever happens to me, who knows what lies ahead for me!
So, I was born on the 11th of November 1994. I wish my parents had named me something different. Like Poppy (cause I was born on Poppy day). Or something exotic and uncommon. I like unique names. I only want a few things outta life. A daughter - if not two or three -, to be happy, to have a lovely husband, to never be without my photography and fashion obsession and to always ride, cause I adore horses. Oh, and to always have a dog to my name.
I'm an only child, and have only spent about a year of my life without a chocolate labrador in the house. When I was born, my mum and dad had Chad the Lab, who was 8 at the time. He let me pull on his ears and I shared my food with him, he was my best friend for the first five years of my life. He was overly friendly and thought he was the weight of a feather so he liked to sit on people. I only ever heard him bark once - and that's probably the only time he did in the five years that I knew him all together. When I was three we moved to Singapore. We lived next door to a little middle aged chinese woman named Lily (who made me call her "Auntie Lily") and her husband and son. Every other Saturday she'd take me out shopping. She bought me my first ever furby. People in foreign countries (especially Asia) adore me for my dark hair and blue eyes, I always remember that from being younger. One woman picked me up outta my pram and asked my mum if she could take me home because I was so cute. As a young kid, I was very petite. "Like a little doll" my mum describes it. I always wore a gold bangle around my right wrist that I think I got as a christening present. Next door to us in Singapore (on the other side from Lily and her family) was a woman who used to pass chocolate to me through the fence. Behind us there was a Buddhist monastery. And I remember sitting up in my windowsill one night to watch them do this funny little dance around their big buddha shrine, it was bizarre and I'll never forget it. The women and children used to pop their heads over the wall some mornings and say hello too. I went to Tangalin for a while, where I met my early childhood best friend - Emma Brazier. She had a little sister, Melissa and a dog called Jessie. I always remember her picking Jessie up by her front paws and making her dance around the garden with her. (Jessie was a golden retriever I think). Also, I had my first crush while in Singapore. John with the bright blond hair. I made Emma kiss him. Odd child? Yes.
When I was five we moved over to Linlithgow near Edinburgh. We stayed there for 6 months or so whilst our house was finished then we moved to the beautiful little fishing village in Fife called Pittenweem where we spent the next six years. It's fair to say that I consider Pittenweem my hometown. It's where I've ever lived the longest, and I feel most at home there. There, I met my "Ace Gang". Jayne and her twin Laura, Hannah. I briefly knew Kayley by the time I was about 9, but I got to know her and Nicola much more in our first year at Waid Academy.
Then when I was twelve, my world came crashing down around me. We were moving to England. I had to leave behind my best friends, and my first boyfriend - Calum. I think, that in some ways it ruined my life, and I can't help but think what would have happened had I never left, but you can't change the past so there's no point in dwelling on it. Down here, I'm closer to Alice than I would be had I never moved, and I have a wonderful boyfriend - Harry - and hopefully soon to be a new horse - Pandora.
I only care about three people to the extent that I'd probably take a bullet for them - Alice, Harry and Hannah. Hannah is like a big sister to me, and guides me through life like an agony aunt. Which is why I call her Auntie Han. Her boyfriend calls me Bruce for no reason, and she's also secretly a cat. I love her a lot.
Harry, well he's nerdy. And tall. And likes music. I call him the Alpha Geek. And he's lovely, I love him.
ALICE. WELL ALICE IS JUST PLAIN BRILLIANT. (i love her secretly the most, its because she's ginger).

Right, this is has been long and probably quite tedious. But you gotta know the basics first, right? So hey there, I'm Rosie - one half of Alice et Rosie.



No comments:

Post a Comment